A NEW TYPE OF GRANT – FLEXIBLE FUNDING
This type of Grant is referred to as Flexible Funding.
Flexible Funding is available for the following
- Free Boiler Replacements
- External Wall Insulation
- Cavity Wall Insulation
- Loft Insulation
Qualification for Flexible Funding Grants will vary area to area, but you don’t need to be on any benefits.
Instead, a number of factors will be considered to decide if you qualify for a Flexible Funding Grant.
We have set out below a list of factors considered for qualification. Not all of these factors will apply to all of the areas.
Because of the geographical differences for qualification we suggest you give us a call to check whether you qualify.
Factors taken into account for qualification for a Flexible Funding Grant are:
- The energy efficiency of your property?
- Number of bedrooms?
- Number of people living at the property?
- How much existing Loft insulation at the property?
- The type of wall at the property?
- If the walls at the property have been insulated?
- What is the heating fuel at the property?
- Age of the central heating system at the property?
- Percentage of Disposable Income spent on fuel?
- Anyone aged over 60 living at the property?
- Is there a child under the age of 5 living at the property?
- Is there a pregant woman living at the property?
Even if you do not qualify as above, you may still get funding towards external wall insulation if your neighbours or the majority of homes in your street qualify.
Yes, it is all a little complicated and confusing, but that’s par for the course when dealing with Government departments.